Saturday, May 2, 2009

Relay for Life 2009

I was the City of Benbrook team captain this year for Benbrook's Relay for Life. We had a BLAST and raised $1372 for cancer research! Cancer has probably touched each and every one of our lives. I know it has mine... my friends, my family, co-workers, etc...
At Relay for Life you have a fundraiser on sight, and have a member of your team walking the track. We walk to cure cancer. We have a special presentation for those who have passed and for those who have won their battle. It is amazing to see the response from the community as we relay from 6pm - 6am. It is a wonderful night as we exercise hope, remember, and fight back!
Our fundraiser was a 2-liter bottle toss. We also grilled hot dogs and sold iced tea and lemonade. Here are some pictures from the event...




I am forever grateful for the experiences that cancer awareness events (Komen Race for the Cure, Relay for Life, etc...) have brought into my life. I am truly humbled by the hardships I have seen my friends and family go through as they fought for their life. For those who have passed on...I can't wait to be reunited again some day...

2 comments:

aurora said...

What a wonderful event! You guys are awesome to be involved in that. ♥

The Gee Six said...

That is absolutely amazing. Can I help next year? I know I told you, but I really meant it - that is something that I have always wanted to be involved in. You rock!